We are proud to announce that Cloud Central’s Cloud Servers will launch to the wider public on the 8th of March 2010!
What Are We Doing?
Once we ‘go live’ on the 8th of March 2010, we will be removing the beta label from the product, and charging for services according to the pricing schedule located at http://www.cloudcentral.com.au/products/infrastructure-as-a-service/cloud-servers/#Pricing.
We’ve are introducing the following system enhancements by go live:
- Performance Improvements: The performance of the Cloud Servers system has been improved, especially for smaller sized Cloud Servers.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Standard: Our Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Standard Edition database template will be made available.
- CentOS 5.4 Xen PV & System Updates: Our CentOS templates have added Xen Paravirtualisation support added for higher performance, we have also updated system packages to newer versions for improved security & stability.
- Debian 5.0.4 Xen PV & System Updates: Our Debian templates have added Xen Paravirtualisation support added for higher performance, we have also updated system packages to newer versions for improved security & stability.
- Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Xen PV & System Updates: Our Ubuntu templates have added Xen Paravirtualisation support added for higher performance, we have also updated system packages to newer versions for improved security & stability.
- Ubuntu 8.04 LTS LAMP, Web and Database Templates: Ubuntu LAMP, Web and Database templates will be available
- Control Center UI: Several user interface enhancements have been made to make the system more consistent and easy to use
- Security: Several security enhancements have been introduced, unfortunately we can’t tell you what they are or we’d have to kill you :)
- System Capacity: We have added additional capacity to our system to cater for your on demand computing requirements.
- Customer Services: We have added additional support resources to provide expert Australian based technical support & customer services.
- Cloud Server Sizes: Large (8 GB RAM, 512 GB Storage, 4 CCU) – $0.96 / hour, and Huge (15.5GB RAM, 1024 GB Storage, 8 CCU) – $1.92 / hour Cloud Servers will be available for use. We recommend these for large scale databases.
What Should Existing Beta Customers Do?
Existing beta customers who wish to continue services after ‘go live’ should update their billing details at https://secure.cloudcentral.com.au/account/billing/details. If you have not not provided billing details by ‘go live’, your Cloud Servers will be stopped (but you can recover them by supplying valid billing details), if you have not provided valid billing details by the 15th of March 2010 your servers will be deleted.
We thank the input of our beta testers who have helped make the service what it is today, we trust that you will continue the journey with us towards simpler, agile, reliable, secure, flexible, open, value for money computing services.
The Cloud Central Team
1300 144 007 – +61 2 6173 7340